Life.  Some see it as a randomly assigned smattering of days with no purpose.  Others believe in divine appointments they rarely keep.  For most, everyday...is ordinary.  But it doesn't have to be.   What if we dared to go the narrow way? Join me in taking THE FAITH DARE.

Caution: Participating in this challenge might force you to give up some of the things (people?) dearest to you. This challenge could change your life.  Join at your own risk.

Friday, June 18, 2010

FAITHdare #16: Revisited

Selfishness. Greed. Pride.
Just some of the sins that plague me from day to day...sins I long to repent of, to continually bring before the altar. Problem is, those very sins often keep me from giving them up...make any sense? In selfishness, I am consumed by MY life and MY comfort...to the point that I sometimes forget to even utter "hello" to God. Because of my own ugly pride I often convince myself that my sinful behavior really isn't that bad. Despite the sacrifice Jesus paid on the cross, Repentance finds its spot on the back of the shelf...its garment, dust. May God stir in me a renewed sense of justice, that my eyes may be opened to the very things that grieve Him. I think I just might go pull Repentance off the shelf, dust it off, and take it to meet the sins of my heart. What about you?

1 comment:

  1. "Problem is, those very sins often keep me from giving them up...make any sense?"

    Absolutely!! Very true! It is a daily walk... a daily battle.. but one totally worth fighting. Thankyou for your perseverance in keeping this faith dare blog happening. I have been away from computer access for a couple weeks so haven't been able to read or comment on your posts but your ongoing commitment to keep the dares coming is a real encouragement to me.

    ReplyDelete