Life.  Some see it as a randomly assigned smattering of days with no purpose.  Others believe in divine appointments they rarely keep.  For most, everyday...is ordinary.  But it doesn't have to be.   What if we dared to go the narrow way? Join me in taking THE FAITH DARE.

Caution: Participating in this challenge might force you to give up some of the things (people?) dearest to you. This challenge could change your life.  Join at your own risk.

Monday, May 31, 2010

FAITHdare #14: Humility means ____________

Pride.
Pride means I am more important than anyone else.
Pride means there's no way I will talk to the homeless man on the street, or that person sitting next to me in church, or my neighbor.
Pride means I deserve what I have.
Pride means my needs come before those of my family.
Pride means I get all the credit.
Pride means "Look at me! Listen to me!"
Pride means I don't have to admit to my mistakes.
Pride means "I haven't done anything wrong!"
Pride means I can indulge my wants without having to think about anyone else.
Pride means I am the coolest thing around, and you all should know it.
Pride means I can flaunt what I have and take note of what you don't have.
Pride means what you think of me is more important than just about anything.
Pride means I wake up in the morning thinking about myself.
Pride means I go to bed thinking about myself.
Pride means "I'm tired so leave me alone."
Pride means "I'm busy!"
Pride means "That makes me uncomfortable..."
Pride means "Someone else will do it."
Pride means me, me, ME.

Humility.
Humility means you are more important than me.
Humility means I will take care of your needs before my own.
Humility means I wake up in the morning thinking about how I can bless others.
Humility means I go to bed at night thinking about how I can bless others.
Humility means I am scared out of my mind but I am going to talk to _______.
Humility means I am exhausted but I am going to go the extra mile to bless ________.
Humility means I will do _________ even though it makes me really uncomfortable.
Humility means I will be friendly to _______ even though it will ruin my reputation.
Humility means I will apologize to __________ without making excuses...because I was wrong.
Humility means I will give credit for ____________ to God instead of taking it for myself.
Humility means I don't deserve what I have, so I will give _________ to __________.
Humility means I can be free from consuming thoughts about what you think of me.
Humility means I will give up my comfort for _________.
Humility means turning the other cheek.
Humility means letting others say what they want about me without having to correct them.
Humility means dying on a cross for a crime you never committed.

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves" (Phil. 2:3).

FAITHdare #14:
Fill in one of the blanks above...without drawing attention to what you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment