Life.  Some see it as a randomly assigned smattering of days with no purpose.  Others believe in divine appointments they rarely keep.  For most, everyday...is ordinary.  But it doesn't have to be.   What if we dared to go the narrow way? Join me in taking THE FAITH DARE.

Caution: Participating in this challenge might force you to give up some of the things (people?) dearest to you. This challenge could change your life.  Join at your own risk.

Friday, May 21, 2010

FAITHdare #12: Revisited

I am going to be brutally honest.

I've struggled this week.

Throughout this FAITHdare journey, I have learned so many lessons. One of them is this: I can do nothing on my own. At least, nothing worthwhile. So the crucial action on my part is a continual surrendering to God...spending time with Him daily...keeping a constant prayer window open...begging Him to give me eyes to see...living in His love so that I can love others the way He calls me to love them.

I shrivel and die when I am not surrendering.

And this week has been...well, one of those weeks. One of those weeks when I feel like a two-year-old, staring up into her daddy's face and saying, "NO!!!!"

And yet...He loves me still.

I am so thankful for that.

All this to say...my good intentions to love someone extraordinarily this week didn't pan out. Why? Because I didn't surrender, and I'm, in my old nature that is S L O W L Y dying, lazy.

When you're not with the lost you can't love the lost.

So today I'm humbled, begging God to bring me to my knees in surrender. 'Cause it's only there that anything will get done.

What did you do to love someone this week?

1 comment:

  1. Time, we all have it, but how do we spend it? To be honest, I often feel like I don't spend my time very wisely. There is such a need out there to share the word of God, and I am so consumed with so many things, with good things, but there are still things. I know my family and my home is my first ministry that the Lord has given me, but I know that I can use my time more wisely, let me say that again, I can use His time more wisely.
    With that being said, let me say this, my God is faithful and true and merciful and just. He provides and takes away, I just need to be obedient. Today Justin and I had an amazing opportunity to give not only food to a homeless person but we were able to share the gospel with him too. Our children were with us and were able to witness the amazing opportunity that the good Lord gave us to share His word with another person. Not only was he grateful for the food, but that someone took the time to tell him about Jesus. As my husband was telling this man about his sin and the cross, my eyes were full of tears. He was receiving the greatest news ever! We don't know what will happen with this man, only God knows, but if we just keep our eyes open and we take five minutes of our time to stop, it might change the path of someones life from death to life. Jesus just didn't only feed them with food, He fed them with words, with powerful words that would change their lives forever, and we have those words, we hold those words in our hands everyday. They are words that convict and give life.
    God is so good! I hope that we keep looking for opportunities to serve and share the gospel with the lost. I know that this should be a ministry that we should be seeking daily until we are with our Lord.
    "What can be wiser than in the highest sense to bless our fellow men to snatch a soul from the gulf that yawns, to lift it up to the heaven that glorifies, to deliver an immortal from the thralldom of Satan, and to bring him into the liberty of Christ?" Charles Spurgeon
    Monica

    ReplyDelete