Life.  Some see it as a randomly assigned smattering of days with no purpose.  Others believe in divine appointments they rarely keep.  For most, everyday...is ordinary.  But it doesn't have to be.   What if we dared to go the narrow way? Join me in taking THE FAITH DARE.

Caution: Participating in this challenge might force you to give up some of the things (people?) dearest to you. This challenge could change your life.  Join at your own risk.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

FAITHdare #13: Because He Loves Us

this is our last week focusing on the lost, and I feel lost. because we've hardly touched it. 4.5 billion people.

what more can we really do? we've prayed for the lost, sought out the lost, shared our story with the lost, love the lost. and yet there are still so many without the hope of Jesus.

What do I do?


Does it ever just feel too overwhelming, like you can't even imagine where to begin...so you just don't? I know the feeling. this isn't God-breathed scripture, but I love these words from Helen Keller:
I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do something that I can do.


God has something planned just for me. He has given you and me both unique gifts and talents, equipped us for every good work He has planned for us to do. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something...the something He has called me to do.

Jesus did not call us to go it alone, to take on this lost world by ourselves...and I am so grateful! But He did ask us to surrender to Him, to submit to His call on our lives in obedience.
to stay connected to the vine. are you connected, or do you feel like this "going to the lost sheep" stuff is a solo project?

you can't do it alone. you can only love the lost because He is pouring His love over you like a drink offering. are you drinking it up?

I've really struggled to figure out what "challenge" to put before you this week as we conclude our month focusing on the lost.
so I'm just going to leave it up to you and God.

FAITHdare #13:

1) Watch the video below.

2)
Ask God to give you eyes for the lost this week, and respond in obedience...are you praying for, GOing to, sharing your story with, and loving the lost? Where is He calling you to go?



1 comment:

  1. One of Michael's favorite books to read is Jesus Freak. As we read this book together last night, he was reading this story to me, of a chinese man that got saved after he travel hundreds of miles for medical care. They would not baptize him because they wanted to make sure there was evidence in his life of true repentance and fruit so they send him back to his village. The missionaries could not go back to his village until five months later because of all the rain and the floods. When they finally found him, they did not only baptize him but 400 other people with him, all because he had told them all about the gospel.
    Abigail, I know exactly how you feel, I look around me, at the store, the roads, my family, and see so many people that are without God, and it is so overwhelming that at times I feel like I can't breath. And then I remember who our God is, our God is all powerful, and merciful. God reminds me that if I am just obedient to do what He has me here to do He can do miracles, He used one person to reach 400.
    Go serve your King!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete