Life.  Some see it as a randomly assigned smattering of days with no purpose.  Others believe in divine appointments they rarely keep.  For most, everyday...is ordinary.  But it doesn't have to be.   What if we dared to go the narrow way? Join me in taking THE FAITH DARE.

Caution: Participating in this challenge might force you to give up some of the things (people?) dearest to you. This challenge could change your life.  Join at your own risk.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

FAITHdare #21: What's Left?

I live so often with a perspective of immediacy...rather than one fixed on eternity. I think my relationship with money all comes down to this one simply complex factor: Do I desire Christ above all else? Do I LONG for Him, for the day when I will see Him face to face? Because if I do, all else--money, investments, retirement accounts--will fade in comparison. It's not rocket science. We have been given the pearl of great price...what are we going to do with it?

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it" (Mt. 13:45-46).

This is our last week looking at our relationship to money. I love what Cindy shared with us last week...and I think it reflects this parable. We are clinging to our land and our houses and our furniture, when we could easily trade all that JUNK in for a treasure that will NEVER spoil, perish, or fade. Will you choose to live with that perspective, or will you continue to cling to earthly things? Choose THIS DAY whom you will serve...for you cannot serve two masters.

I would strongly urge you to take an hour this week (if you are married, do so with your spouse!) to really examine what you are doing with the earthly resources God has placed in your trust. Are you hoarding them for a day you have not even been promised? Are you wasting them on todays that will soon be yesterdays? Or are you investing them in LIVES and RELATIONSHIPS that whisper of the kingdom of God here among us? Don't wait any longer...for tomorrow will vanish before you know it. What will you have left when you stand before the King?

No comments:

Post a Comment